From: Eric Johnson
Sent: dinsdag 15 september 2015 07:16
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Incomplete SVN dump files

I'm in a situation where I'm dumping Subversion repositories from remote
locations (using svnrdump).

The repositories are big enough, and the network connections between
destinations just unstable enough that the repositories aren't making it all in
one dump call. I've noticed, for one repository in particular, that I actually
got a dump file that had only a part of the last commit before the connection
broke.

When I loaded up the repository, Subversion reported no problems on the
svnadmin load, but it seems to me it should have noticed that the final commit
recorded in the dump file was incomplete, and discarded it. Instead, it happily
loaded it, and reported no problems.

At least I was lucky enough to check that it was complete, and I used a
technique to drop all but the last revision. Now I can load a new dump file
from the commit that was incomplete.

This brings me back to my question - shouldn't the load process ignore the last
commit if it is incomplete in the dump file? That way I know I have an error to
address!

Eric.