On Nov 9, 2015, at 4:22, Alexander Henket <ahen...@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Right, that's it. I downloaded the zip variant. Don't know why it should
> matter, but anyway. It's working now .. sort of:

While zip works just about everywhere these days, it has its origins in the
MSDOS world, and Windows can extract zip files without any 3rd party utilities,
so I think the zip variant is intended to be more convenient for Windows users.

> Any other hints? Thanks in advance.

What about the WANdisco package? It's for Yosemite, but it seems like it should
work on El Capitan too.

FWIW, MacPorts subversion 1.9.2 installed with no problems on my El Capitan
system. What did
/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_databases_db46/db46/main.log
 have to say about the problem?