Hi Cosmere,
Hello,

I am using svn version 1.8.9 on Centos and I get the following warnings

svn: warning: W155022: Cannot insert a file external defined on '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages' into the working copy '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages/src'. svn: warning: W155022: Cannot insert a file external defined on '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages' into the working copy '/home/cosm/svn/parser/packages/src'. svn: E205011: Failure occurred processing one or more externals definitions

Could you please improve the warning/error to include the external involved so that troubleshooting is easier?

Thanks

You might wanna upgrade your SVN version to the latest 1.8 build (which is 1.8.16 at the time of writing this). There are multiple client fixes impacting the handling of externals. For instance 1.8.13:
"better error message if an external is shadowed (r1655712, r1655738)"

While I'm not sure whether that's helping in your case, I take it that chances are not that bad. .-)

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett