On Aug 3, 2016, at 7:54 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 2:16 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 2, 2016, at 9:54 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>>
>>> On Tue, Aug 2, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Ivan Zhakov wrote:
>>>
>>> [dump/load cycles omitted]
>>>
>>> Please note. This sort of pernicious bug is why I suggest takeing a
>>> clean export/import when moving to significantly newer versions, or
>>> significantly new project versions, for Subversion repositories. Don't
>>> hurt yourself trying to preserve burdensome, possibly flawed history
>>> you *do not need*.
>>
>> PLEASE STOP.
>
> Sorry, Ryan, but it needed saying.

No. I understand you have personal experiences with transferring history that
have led you to prefer not to do so, but most of the Subversion developers and
other members of this list do not share your views on this matter and I ask you
again to refrain from working this opinion into every thread on this mailing
list. The one-time existence of a bug in a feature does not mean that one
should forever avoid using such a feature even after the bug has been fixed.
And just because something like transferring history can be difficult to get
right does not mean that the correct answer for everyone is not to try to do so.