On 11/10/2016 8:08 AM, Cooke, Mark wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan [mailto:luke1...@posteo.de]
Sent: 09 November 2016 21:43
To: users@subversion.apache.org
Subject: Re: Feature request: Restoring pristines

On 11/9/2016 21:22, Branko Čibej wrote:
On 08.11.2016 21:51, Stefan wrote:
I didn't test this, but
This is how all down-voted stackoverflow answers start. :)

-- Brane

OK, I see. Tested and it doesn't work. ;-)

Certainly sounds like a reasonable request for an improvement to have at
least svn co auto correct the case of missing pristine files, as far as
I'm concerned.

Regards,
Stefan
Would this not fit better as part of `update` rather than `checkout` over an
existing working copy?

~ mark c

IMO it should be part of both, since both operations (aka: svn update as well as svn checkout) will error out, if a pristine would be required but missing (and this is some error, the operation could easily resolve without user interaction).

Why I pointed out svn co: IMO in this case it would be reasonable for the co command to check all required pristine files to verify they exist and are valid. That's certainly something you wouldn't want a simple svn up to do.

--
Regards,
Stefan Hett