Hi

I would be grateful for some advice on how to maintain a release branch.

Suppose we create a release branch, finalise the work and make the release.  We
then maintain fixes for that release on that branch.

Q1. As we apply fixes to the release branch, should we also manually apply
those fixes to the trunk (where main development is proceeding)?

Q2. Does there come a point when one should merger the release branch back into
the trunk (or does Q1 imply that this is unnecessary because we have manually
duplicated the changes in the trunk)?

Q3. If we should merge the release branch back into the trunk, do we merge from
trunk to release branch first (I guess not because that would pollute the
branch)?

Best regards

David