I cannot do a sparse checkout as I require every part of the information to get
the software running (a game).

From: Paul Hammant <p...@hammant.org>
Sent: Thursday, 10 January 2019 1:36 PM
To: Oscar Lee <minxing...@gmail.com>
Cc: Subversion <users@subversion.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Problems with using a symbolic link for .svn folder on TSVN

Alternative solution: do a Sparse Checkout - excising things in that tree that
you don't really need.  Google's monorepo is north of 100TB of history with
over nine million source files at HEAD revision. Individual Googler's day to
day checkout tens of megabytes only:
https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com/expanding-contracting-monorepos/

Though they made tooling for that expanding/contracting stuff, most normal
companies could do the same to share within the team with a single bat/sh
script for checkout. After that, 'svn up', 'svn commit' work as they always
have. Indeed, if that bat file using the command line svn exe did it stuff,
TortoiseSvn afte that will work as you expect for update/commit.

The sym-link for something that Subversion needs to refer to a lot is a bad
idea.

- Paul