On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 1:14 AM Chaya <chaya.s1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am using the latest versions of svn and git. And what do you mean by
> "history-rewriting gymnastics" ? Could you please explain?

Hi,

I don't use the git-svn bridge myself, but I have read about it
(admittedly, quite some time ago). I remember there were suggestions to
keep the git history linear so that it will match the way Subversion works,
and recommendations of things not to do in git because they could prevent
the bidirectional bridge from working properly. I don't remember the
details; I wrote "history-rewriting gymnastics" in a hurry.

Nathan