Another stupid hackaround could be to setup a local old proxy/man in the middle https server that still accepts old tls  connection, but also provides newer protocols and switch your working copy to this server instead.

But a much cleaner solution is to confront IT with the fact that they need to do something with the server as it is basically broken.