On 2020-06-17 19:50, Yasuhito FUTATSUKI wrote:
Hi,

In article <512bc3500837462de9542731a9af4...@manueljacob.de>
m...@manueljacob.de writes:

I tried to build SVN with bindings for Python 2. I followed the
instructions, but it didn't work:

You need to rebuild build-outputs.mk and configure script by
execute 'sh ./autogen.sh' (We are sorry, this wasn't described in
INSTALL and subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL file in 1.14.0
release tar ball, but it will be added in 1.14.1).

Thank you, that works! In between sending the mail and your answer I saw that a similar question was asked some weeks ago. However, I didn’t manage to send an answer to my own mail quickly enough. Sorry for that.

You also need autoconf 2.59 or later to rebuild configure
script. Please see INSTALL file in the top of source tree
for detail.

# Step 1 of subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL
# ... I installed SWIG 2 and passed --with-python=/usr/bin/python2.7 to
./configure.
tar xaf ~/Downloads/subversion-1.14.0.tar.bz2
cd subversion-1.14.0
# Step 2 of subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --prefix=/tmp/subversion_target
PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.7 SWIG=/usr/bin/swig-2
make -j4
make install
# Step 3 of subversion/bindings/swig/INSTALL
make clean-swig-py
make swig-py
make check-swig-py

Those steps seems ok.