I am trying to use haproxy to rate control some svn clients which access the
SVN repro via svn+https.  Some monitoring has thrown up some questions.

  1.    When for example doing a checkout or commit of a large number of files
is this implemented as
     *   1 https request or many
     *   1 web dav action or many?
  2.  from the logs of haproxy (and I am by no means an expert) I see only one
connect and one https request.

I was hopping to rate limit the clients by IP address and thereafter http
requests hence to slow down large users so others get a share of the processor.
 But without the volume of up load being related to http requests I am
struggling to see how to implement this.

Can anyone offer any advise.

Wocash