Hello,

When I look up svn revert it only talks about removing local edits,
but what about this:

Working on trunk and committing a few changes, which later turns out
to be wrong.
Now I want to set trunk head to be at the revision where the edits
started out from.

You can use a feature called reverse merge.

First make sure your working copy has no pending changes. -> revert everything or check out a new copy

If you want to go back to revision 497 use:

|svn merge -r HEAD:497 .|

you can now commit to " sort of reset" the server to the same code as in version 497, or make more edits before you commit.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1930725/svn-reverse-merge