Repro = SVN checkout, make changes to a file, SVN commit, SVN log.  Remove
access to the SVN server (mine is accessible only via VPN, so disconnect VPN).
Right-click a file, SVN Show Log, press Offline for now (not the default), find
the file modification in the path/action list.  Then either double-click on the
file, or right-click on the file : Show Changes.  The result is as follows:

Subversion Exception!
Subversion encountered a serious problem.
In file
'D:\Development\SVN\Releases\TortoiseSVN-1.11.0\ext\subversion\subversion\libsvn_wc\wc_db.c'
line 10238: assertion failed (svn_dirent_is_absolute(local_abspath))

Pressing OK results in another pop-up:

TortoiseSVN
Subversion reported an error:
'C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Local\Temp\3' is not a working copy

(My sandbox is in C:\_SVN, not C:\Users.  Maybe Windows is virtualizing storage
for SVN?  Maybe a check for server accessibility isn't quite right?)

The workaround is to reconnect to the server (reconnect the VPN in my case),
but I was surprised that SVN would crash when offline.

Thanks in advance for your attention.  -Dirk