On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 2:57 AM Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> wrote:

> --On Monday, March 08, 2021 8:21 PM -0400 Phani Teja <nanduri...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello i need help regarding SVN , how can i prevent if people do not enter
> > with Letter DE followed by 3 or 4 number (e.g DE123 or DE1234) in svn log
> > message while doing commit.below is the configurating i have in my
> > pre-commit bat file.Any help or lead would be highly appreciated.
>
> I suggest writing a small script in Perl, Python, Powershell, or whatever
> you're comfortable with, and invoking that from your batch file.

And if you want to do something more extensive (or foresee it growing
into that), there are some useful utilities / bundles floating around
on the net, such as this one:
https://github.com/qazwart/SVN-Precommit-Kitchen-Sink-Hook

Quite powerful (including functionality to validate commit messages
against a regex), though perhaps a bit too much if the only thing you
want to do is validate the commit message for the presence of a ticket
number.

In our environment we use an earlier version of that perl script (with
config file), that was once circulated on this very mailinglist.

--
Johan