Nils-Johan Andreasson wrote on Thu, May 06, 2021 at 14:48:01 +0200:
> I have indeed considered svn+ssh but there are other details involved which
> makes me prefer to stay with svnserve and svn:// if possible.

Does your library consider svn+foo:// secure?  If so, you can define an
svn+foo:// scheme that simply wraps plain old TCP sockets.  You have two
options for that, even: either «svn+nc://hostname/path» that uses nc(1)
or socat(1) to wrap a plain TCP socket, or a scheme that hardcodes
a specific hostname, that you then use in URLs whose hostname component is
ignored (can actually be left empty).