On 10.06.2021 07:44, Daniel Sahlberg wrote:
Den tors 10 juni 2021 kl 02:23 skrev Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name <mailto:d...@daniel.shahaf.name>>:

    Daniel Sahlberg wrote on Wed, Jun 09, 2021 at 08:18:04 +0200:
    > Hi,
    >
    > We are using VisualSVN server (basically Apache 2.4.48 and
    Subversion
    <https://svn.companyname.tld>, listening on port 443.
    > Currently this is on a separate server. I need to consolidate
    the servers
    > and would like to move Subversion to another server already
    running IIS
    > (serving multiple sites on both port 80 and 443).
    >
    > My thinking is that IIS should listen for the new hostname, do SSL
    > offloading and forward the traffic to 127.0.0.1:[some new port
    for Apache].
    > I would like to avoid publishing the new port for Apache, since
    that would
    > mean to relocate all existing working copies.
    >
    > Does anyone have experience in using IIS as reverse proxy in
    front of
    > Apache?

    Not what you asked, but running the test suite under a reverse proxy
    configuration might be informative.

Thanks! I will try to find some time to look at it.

Thinking of it, I guess the question could be generalized as: Is it possible to run Subversion behind /any/ kind of reverse proxy?

Yes, it is possible. Subversion doesn't do anything magic. Some time ago, many reverse/caching proxies didn't understand some of the DAV-related HTTP methods that Subversion uses. I'd hope this is no longer the case ... especially as, AFAIK, IIS can be a WebDAV server.

-- Brane