So I've traced what happened to the path that causes a segfault, but I can't reproduce it with a simple example.

I created develop branch, then a test branch from it.

On the test branch I added a file, and merged the toplevel of the test branch back into devel

I made a release branch from devel.  On devel, I deleted the file

I cherrypick merged this deletion at the top level of release

I merged the toplevel of release back into devel

On my work repo, this causes the crash.  In a small repo where I have repeated these steps, it does not.

On my work repo, svn can't figure out that the deletions on each side are the same, even though I've outlined the steps here.  On my simple repo, the deletion is not performed, or else recognized to be related changes somehow.  When I try to use the --ignore-ancestry merge on my test repo, I get the tree conflict but the resolution doesn't cause the crash.  I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.  I'd love to know why svn can't detect that these deletions are the same in my work repo...  This kind of problem plagues us