Just some basic getting started questions about SVN.

-How can a series of different branches all be merged back into one again?
By 'adding' their checked out, now finished code content, and then committing
them in the right order to the trunk, one at a time?

-What exactly is a Tag?  I don't understand, what is it, and what
does it represent?  Why exactly are tags used, when, apparently,
they are near the same as branches?

-As an SVN administrator, I want a setup where there is a main trunk,
and all developers start with their own branch, which they may add their
own branches to, adding and committing their updated code to, progressively,
on their advancing sub nodes.  Only the administrator (super?) user has the
ability to comit to the branch, from absolutely anywhere in the tree, to advance
the trunk.  The administrator then creates a new, latest trunk node, and
new (commencing) branches from there, all being the same as before,
all based on the latest trunk node.  Developers may never delete their
nodes, and must ask the administrator to do so.

Can someone send an example in reply as to how I could configure
SVN permissions to require this, in relevant .conf file(s)?