Hi people,

I've been working on a 'subversion replacement' for the last 5 ish
years called 'simple http file sync' (shttpfs), a centralized version
control system for binary files.

SHTTPFS was created to manage changes to a lot of binary image and
video files across multiple computers. The nature of my own data is it
is primarily added to and very rarely changed. i.e. video is edited
'non destructively', and a new video is rendered. I created shttpfs to
solve subversion's 'two copies of everything in a checkout' problem,
which was causing data bloat to an extent that made it completely
unusable. Nothing else worked reliably, or had the required features
(simple design, atomic commits, arbitrary partial checkouts, good
command line interface, stores version history on a central server).

https://github.com/robehickman/simple-http-file-sync