I think he wants to search for file content, not for a commit message. So for example "Was our supersecret password <admin1234> ever commited to code anywhere?"

I do not think svn has a build in function to do that easily/fast. You can write a script that counts up, gets the diff from svn for that revision and run grep or awk on it. Might take ages.

There are (paid) thirdparty tools whicht can index your repository and provide fast search (fisheye for example)

Building an index also can take ages.

Best regards,

Thorsten