On Thu, Dec 09, 2021 at 06:29:14PM +0000, Kristofer wrote:
> Hi Stefan and thanks for the hints. Then I need to line up a lot of
> arguments, right? There's no "read from file" option that I can see. I'll try
> that on the next failure, if I get one *fingers crossed*

Indeed, the list of path prefixes must be passed on the command line.
Support for reading them from a file is not implemented, unfortunately.

> Btw, I also have this really silly commit sequence where someone managed to
> delete the entire branches/ directory followed by a commit that brings it
> back (not sure if the commiter used a proper reverse-merge or a copy). I
> haven't understood if that can be "fixed" with svndumpfilter or if there's
> some other way to do it. Those two are basically a null operation, but it
> messes with things like "log --stop-on-copy"

I don't think there is an easy way to fix that via dump/load once other
commits have been stacked on top. Any newer commit might refer to data
stored in the problematic commit, due to deltification and other meta-data
relationships between revisions. Copies in particular refer to node-rev-IDs
which are generally hidden from the user, but which can be seen in the dump
file, and which are not supposed to be changed.

There is a commit in Subversion's own trunk history which unfortunately
did exactly the same thing. But it is water under the bridge at this point.
People rarely have a need to go far enough back in history to cross it.