On Jul 8, 2022, at 15:42, Werner L. Stolz wrote:

> Only the root user can create new repositories.  This is true no matter where
> in the file system we attempt the operation.

I'm not familiar with AIX, but that's not normal for Subversion. Repositories
are created with the svnadmin program. In a normal Subversion installation,
anyone can use the svnadmin program, and in a normal operating system, users
can create files and folders in directories they have access to.

What exact command did you run and what exact error message did you get?