I've spent some time today looking at the issue. I've been able to
reproduce it, but my reproduction is not in a shape where I can share it.

Basically I've setup a server where the repository was hosted at
http://localhost/repo, configured an external. Then reconfigured the server
so the repository is at http://localhost/r2 with http://localhost/repo
issuing a http level redirect to /r2.

I'm then able to reproduce the issue.

Den sön 12 mars 2023 kl 22:42 skrev Nathan Hartman <hartman.nat...@gmail.com
>:

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 4:29 PM Daniel Sahlberg <
> daniel.l.sahlb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Den lör 11 mars 2023 kl 13:06 skrev Pál Kovács <81.kovacs...@gmail.com>:
>>

>>> Dear All,
>>>
>>> I'd like to setup http traffic to be redirected to https on our svn
>>> server.
>>> Redirection works all right in most of the cases, except when we have a
>>> file-external with http in the url.
>>> For file-externals, svn export works as expected (in the export log it
>>> is visible that there was a redirection and the file is fetched).
>>> However when trying to checkout a working copy, file-externals are not
>>> downloaded, the log shows errors like this:
>>>
>>> Redirecting to URL '
>>> https://myserver/svn/myrepo/TestFolder/Project2/test.txt':
>>> Fetching external item into 'checkout_target\test.txt':
>>> svn: warning: W200035: sqlite[S19]: NOT NULL constraint failed:
>>> EXTERNALS.def_repos_relpath

This error occurs in subversion/libsvn_wc/wc_db.c line 3365 (as of
r1908925), where ieb->recorded_repos_relpath is null for a file external.
For a folder external, it contains the folder name.

I didn't check where recorded_repos_relpath came from but I think this is
the logical next step.

> I found a similar bug report for folder-externals, which was fixed in SVN
>>> 1.8.5
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SVN-4428

I'm running out of time to check r1525902 (as referenced by this issue) but
maybe this problem was fixed for folders and a similar fix can be applied
also for files.

Kind regards,
Daniel Sahlberg