ons 22 maj 2024 kl. 10:06 skrev Bo Berglund <bo.bergl...@gmail.com>:

> ... I hope this is not totally OT ...
>
> I am running an SVN server on an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS system and I have the
> Apache
> connection so I can access it via its web interface.
>
> This works but is *very limited* in functionality, so I am looking for
> some kind
> of GUI interface that can be added to my Ubuntu SVN installation and gives
> me
> functionality to view file revisions, logs etc and also diff revisions
> using the
> web view.
>
> Many years ago (like 20+ years) when I worked at a company using CVS there
> was a
> web interface which had very useful functions in this regard. It was all
> running
> on Windows Server.
>
> It was named ViewCVS (Python based) and was accessed using a web browser
> towards
> the CVS server.

ViewCVS evolved to ViewVC

https://viewvc.org

A prominent user is the Apache Software Foundation, see

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc

> I have tried to search for something similar for SVN and found WebSVN on
> Github:
> https://github.com/websvnphp/websvn
>
> and:
>
> https://websvnphp.github.io/
>
> However, I have yet to find any examples on how its displays look or work
> and it
> also seems to be a rather old project...
>
> I have also recently used VisualSVN, which has some improvements over
> Apache
> Subversion but it is a Windows only system AFAICT and I do not like to use
> that
> platform...
>
> And it is not being updated with the operating system so it gets older over
> time.

VisualSVN is, in my experience, updated regularly. Of course you have to
install the update but that is quite easy within the management UI.

Personally I think the web interface from VisualSVN beats everything else
at the moment.

But if you don’t want to use Windows then it is no option.

> So is there something available apart from WebSVN and are there some howto
> sites
> showing actual screenshots from its use?
>

> --
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden

Kind regards
Daniel

  • GUI i... Bo Berglund
    • ... Daniel Sahlberg
      • ... Bo Berglund
        • ... Bo Berglund
          • ... Daniel Sahlberg
        • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
          • ... Sean McBride
            • ... Williams, James P. {Jim} (JSC-CD4)[KBR Wyle Services, LLC] via users
              • ... Yasuhito FUTATSUKI
                • ... Johan Corveleyn
                • ... Mark Phippard
                • ... Johan Corveleyn