Thanks a lot for your answer, it helped me.

Here is my confusion:

- For T3 you cannot set messages encoding. Messages are java properties that must be only in SO 8859-1 and therefor you must use a tool like native2ascii to convert japanese text or the excellent propedit - For T4 you can set messages encoding and write your messages in plain utf-8 no need for native2ascii

Thanks

Numa