On 19 May 2006, at 13:38, Townson, Chris wrote:
If I have learned one thing about graphic design, then it is that this is a task that should be done by professional designers and definitely
not by developers. The same applies to java development done
by graphic designers.
+1!

Heh! Amen to that, in both directions.

Also, couple of things on logo designs, while I'm here (all IMO):
* Avoid having too much detail; simple logos not only tend to be more eye catching, but tend to be more flexible. Often you can find ways to incorporate them into websites, documentation, printed materials etc that just wouldn't be possible with a complex design. * The logo probably needs to be recognizable (and aesthetically pleasing) right down to 16 pixels high (although this may be a derivative, rather than the 'full' logo), and certainly should be at 32 pixels high.

I know I was probably the one that triggered the torrent of logo contest related e-mails, but I feel it's appropriate to now wait until the PMC launch an official contest, rather than getting carried away posting entries to the list as is currently going on! The list does seem to have quietened down over the last few days, so this might be a redundant statement, but ce la vie!

Paul