hi,

maybe its off topic but i use tomcat 5.5 with the Sysdeo Eclipse Tomcat
Launcher plugin (free)
for development. This plugin uses a separate classloader to load Tomcat and
all the jar files
on the classpath of my project. IMHO this way of developing is much easier
than using ant :)

btw. the creators of this plugin are french too:
http://www.sysdeo.com/eclipse/tomcatpluginfr

best regards,
kris

             Carl Pelletier
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             ahoo.ca>                                                   An
                                        users@tapestry.apache.org
             22.05.2006 20:00                                        Kopie

                                                                     Thema
              Bitte antworten           best development server for
                    an                  Tapestry
             "Tapestry users"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                pache.org>

hi everyone, I'm just starting a new development projet with Tapestry 4.0
and Hibernate 3.1. I'm looking for the best local server to install on my
computer to make my development.

here are the important point for me:

1- Must be easy to install
2- Easy to deploy with ant and Eclipse.
3- Quick to start and stop.
4- Less configuration possible.
5- Must support JNDI
 6- Not to much memory ungry...

Right now, I use Tomcat 5.5.17 with the service installed and I have some
problems. Use about 90mg of memory and is really long to start and stop.

I'm considaring switching to Jetty 6, is a good idea?

Maybe some theak in tomcat maybe anough..

Please, let me know what you think !

Thanks

Carl Pelletier

P.S> Sorry for bad english, i'm french