Doesn't tapestry support marking a parameter as cache-able already?

On 5/25/06, James Carman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Have you looked into AspectJ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Adams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:00 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: RE: Help in writing a custom annotation

Okay, my annotation is called @Once and if put on accessor will make
sure that the method is only executed once and then the return value is
cached. Any further calls to the method will just return the saved
value. I've got pretty far but I think I'm stuck as I want to do
something that I could do with javassist but I'm not sure how to do
within the tapestry enhancement classes. I've attached what I have so
far and I would greatly appreciated it if someone could give me some
suggestions on what to do. My big problem is:

- I could add code at the beginning and end of the method with javassit
but can't see a way to do that
- Perhaps I could somehow rename the old method to something else and
put in a new method that calls it?

Thanks a lot.

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 07:11 -0400, James Carman wrote:
> I'd look at the one that injects messages, or beans, or even the one
that

--
Dan Adams
Software Engineer