Hi all,

I've been using Tapestry 3.03, and I need help getting rid of cycle.activate, because it is messing up my URL structure.

When I want to direct a user to a page, I might use cycle.activate, for instance when i've completed a login procedure or inside a direct link. Its very convenient to write java code like
IPage mypage = cycle.getPage("mypage");
cycle.activate(mypage);

Trouble is, that the url for this page is now somthing like

/app?service=direct/1/Someotherpage/$DirectLink$0

so I might have many URLs that point to the one page. Perhaps I could use RedirectException, but would I then have to write a lot of code to get the engine, get the service, get the link and finally throw the URL? seems a lot of work. Whats the best way of doing it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this

--
Dan Garland