An alternative is to wrap your javascript in a Script
component. In .script file, just use the
include-script
element to include your javascript.

Here is a sample.

preview.script :

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE script PUBLIC
        "-//Apache Software Foundation//Tapestry
Script Specification 3.0//EN"

"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd";>

<script>

<!-- path is within the classpath -->
<include-script
resource-path="/javascript/preview.js"/>

</script>

=====================
In .page

<component id="previewScript" type="Script">
       <!-- preview.script is placed in the same
directory as this .page
        -->
       <binding name="script"
value="literal:preview.script"/>
   </component>

=============
In .html  :

=============
Shing

--- Peter Dawn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi all,
> tapestry wouldnt let me reference a javascript file,
> outside a body
> tag. when i put the actual code inline it works
> fine, but if i make a
> ref to that file, it falls over.
> any ideas on how to fix this.

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]