Why are you averse to using the right tool for the job?

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Dawn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2006 8:42 PM
To: tapestry-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Sending a http message to page

hi all,
i am trying to implement a ajax like functionality within my web app.
now what i want to do is, i want to send a *ping* to the page, saying
please update now (which i will send only if some info changes) and
then the page should refresh. now for this, i need to establish a
async http connection with the web page and keep it open for ever.
i have already read through tacos, dwr, xtile etc. there has to
another way of doing something like this without using the above
mentioned apps.
has anybody done this within tapestry. can someone pls help me out in
implementing this.
thanks.