I was just thinking about something that would be really cool.
It's a common requirement in some applications that some ui elements are hidden/shown depending on user role. What i'm thinking is that tapestry-acegi could provide the same @Secured annotation for component classes but it would have a different behavior. Instead of simply checking authorization and returning an error it the user doesn't have access permissions, it would show the component if the user had the given role and hide it otherwise.

Would this be cool or what ? :o)

James Carman wrote:
Form-based authentication is coming soon! :-)  It should be quite easy.

Hi,
a smooth integration of ACEGI into Tapestry is really cool stuff. We
managed it by using
the internal org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy  and
FilterChainProxy for authentication
and partially for authorization (user /not logged in without role check)
within the web.xml.

Does this mean that it would be possible to just configure the
filterChainProxy in spring and
inject this spring bean as a "tapestry filter" in front of Tapestry
servlet? Or am I completely
wrong? Unfortunately we don't use basic HTTP authentication but a form
based authentication
incobination with an internal SSO solution.
Gernot