On 6/12/06, Jérôme BERNARD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 6/12/06, Henri Dupre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think if you set "org.apache.tapestry.home-page" to "index" in your
> .application file, then that should be enough.
> http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/configuration.html

Ok. I've already done that :-)

[...]

> > This would make something similar to a RedirectFilter forwarding
> > instead of redirecting...
>

> Yes that is true. But this should send a 200 when you'll hit '/'. The
> forwarding happens inside the servlet container not on the client side.

Yes. As the UrlRewrite does, and as the filter would do.
So I still don't get what your solution gives except for "tuning" many
pages which is not something I am in need of.

No, it doesn't do anything else that UrlRewrite does... except more code and
less configuration :P

Just curious, in your quest for making a tapestry website search engine
friendly, have you figured out a way to remove the ";jsessionid=..." from
the URLs for bots? Currently google sucks the whole line including the
jsessionid...

And concerning the extension, we decided to use .html instead of no
extension because it seems that this, search engines care more about the
keywords in the URL.

Thanks,

Henri.