There's a new enhancement that allows you to create a base class and have
your HM services auto-wired in.  It's available in 4.1.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gentry, Michael (Contractor) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 11:41 AM
To: Tapestry users
Subject: RE: custom namespace

+1 (to Bryan and Geoff).  I'm still mumbling over getVisit() (as an example)
being deprecated.  Something as simple as getting your session in a
session-based application shouldn't require HM (or Annotations, which don't
work in Java 1.4.x, or XML for N pages to do an inject of the HM class (oh,
and <inject> doesn't inherit, so forget about a simple base class to put it
in)).  The OOP approach was Just Fine as far as I'm concerned.  The T3->T4
upgrade was fairly rough for me, and my applications are pretty small.  Lots
of things changed and the docs, which I understand are difficult to write,
didn't provide enough useful information.  Tapestry already had a big enough
learning curve, and then some of the simple things became difficult all in
the name of flexibility.

Thanks,

/dev/mrg