Also, there should be no blank line before
  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Shing

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/3.0.4/doc/ComponentReference/Script.html

"http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/dtd/Script_3_0.dtd";>

> > <script>
> > <![CDATA[
> > function setFocus() {
> >     if (document.forms[0]) {
> >         for (i = 0; i <
> > document.forms[0].elements.length; i++) {
> >             if (document.forms[0].elements[i].type
> > != "hidden" &&
> >
> > document.forms[0].elements[i].disabled != true) {
> >

> > document.forms[0].elements[i].focus();
> >                 return;
> >             }
> >         }
> >     }
> > }
> > ]]>
> >   <initialization>
> >     setFocus();
> >   </initialization>
> > </script>
> >
> > Has anyone tested this or am I doing something
> > wrong?
> >
> > You may continue by restarting the session.
> >
> > org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
> > Unable to parse script
> context:/images/FormFocus.js.
> > component:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/$Script]
> > location:   context:/images/FormFocus.js, line 3,
> > column 6
> >
> > org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
> > Unable to parse script
> context:/images/FormFocus.js.
> > location:   context:/images/FormFocus.js, line 3,
> > column 6
> >

> org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException
> > Unable to parse

file:/home/mstang/projects/ping/devel/pingfederate/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp11221pingfederate.war/images/FormFocus.js:
> > The processing instruction target matching
> > "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
> > documentLocation:   context:/images/FormFocus.js
> > location:   context:/images/FormFocus.js, line 3,
> > column 6
> >
> > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
> > The processing instruction target matching
> > "[xX][mM][lL]" is not allowed.
> > columnNumber:       6
> > lineNumber:         3
> > Stack Trace:
> >
> >     *

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     *

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown
> > Source)
> >     *

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown

http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/UsersGuide/script.html.

> > You can also focus form fields (in 4 at least) by
> > playing with the focus
> > parameters of the @Form or individual form
> > components.
> >
> > On 6/19/06, Mark Stang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > I am trying to use the form focus example in the
> > documentation and I get:
> > >
> > > An exception has occurred.
> > >
> > > You may continue by restarting the session.
> > >
> > > org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
> > > Unable to parse script
> > context:/images/FormFocus.js.
> > > component:
> >
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > [login/$Script]
> > > location:       context:/images/FormFocus.js,
> line
> > 1, column 1
> > >
> > > org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationRuntimeException
> > > Unable to parse script
> > context:/images/FormFocus.js.
> > > location:       context:/images/FormFocus.js,
> line
> > 1, column 1
> > >

> org.apache.tapestry.util.xml.DocumentParseException
> > > Unable to parse

file:/home/mstang/projects/ping/devel/pingfederate/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp2276pingfederate.war/images/FormFocus.js:
> > > Content is not allowed in prolog.
> > > documentLocation:
> > context:/images/FormFocus.js
> > > location:       context:/images/FormFocus.js,
> line
> > 1, column 1
> > >
> > > org.xml.sax.SAXParseException
> > > Content is not allowed in prolog.
> > > columnNumber:   1
> > > lineNumber:     1
> > > Stack Trace:
> > >
> > >     *

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown
> > > Source)
> > >     *

org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown

=== message truncated ===

Home page :
  http://uk.geocities.com/matmsh/index.html