Duh! Yes, as you guys guessed, I meant Hivemind not Hibernate. I think I need to hibernate a little more and get my mind back ...

Thanks for your input ...
----- Original Message ----- From: "kranga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tapestry users" <users@tapestry.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 8:05 PM
Subject: Tapestry 3 to 4.1 to 5

We have a very large financial services applicaiton built with Tapestry 3 and it meets all the requirements for the project. But in looking ahead, I am trying to get some data to guide technology decisions for the project.

My questions are:
- Hibernate is used extensively in 4.x and though the principal is that you don't need to worry about Hibernate, the emails on this list make it look like a lot of deviations from defaults require Hibernate. Does anyone know if Hibernate is used outside of Tapestry? Specifically how is its user-base size and popularity when compared with Spring?

- I've heard that 5 is not going to be backward compatible with 3. So that would give me absolutely no reason to upgrade to 4.x anytime soon. Is the 4.x to 5 incompatibility true? If so, it also seems like Tapestry is negatively skewed from a "business" perspective - high barrier to adopt the framework (the learning curve is higher and frankly it is almost impossible to find anyone in the market with Tapestry experience) but it provides a low barrier to exit - if versions are not going to be compatible and require significant effort, then why not evalulate other frameworks out there?

- Anyone have experience comparing this with Echo 2? The echo 2 demo on their website does look impressive.

Your thoughts are appreciated...
KR