I don't think it would be easy....Too bad you're on tap3 only. I'd have all
kinds of suggestions otherwise..

On 7/5/06, Brian Duchek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Question:
If I have a ListEdit (in Tapestry 3) wrapped in a custom component for
displaying some name/value textfield pairs, and want to give the user
the ability to quickly add more pairs of fields, can I fake out the
rewind phase by naming the fields smartly and updating the hidden field
used to track "staleness" in the form?

It seems that if I'm only going to be looping thru the fields in this
subcomponent anyway, then why should Tapestry care too much about how
many fields there are?

My objective is to be able to use Javascript to instantly add more
fields, without having to unwind-increment-re/render the entire page.
It's really a poor user experience to force that trip to the server.
Plus, it's a real pain to try and sync up Tapestry's validation JS and
other client-side state mechanisms and display widgets for my particular
design.   This seems a great case for easy DOM manipulation, but is not
so easy to handle on the server side with Tapestry.

What's the best way to approach this? Is there any examples extant?

</bd>