Poka, Vitaly  ; )

If you absolutely need access to the servlet API, and can't find a way
to do what you want that is more "Tapestry-ish," you can inject certain
service-objects into your page.  Here are the relevant HiveMind service
points:
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4/tapestry-annotations/hivedocs/modul
e/tapestry.globals.html

So, for example, in your case, you need access to the HttpServletRequest
functionality.  Two options: you could inject the HttpServletRequest
directly into your page:

@InjectObject("service:tapestry.globals.HttpServletRequest")
public abstract HttpServletRequest getRequest();

Or you could use the Tapestry wrapper/abstraction class:

@InjectObject("service:tapestry.globals.WebRequest")
public abstract WebRequest getRequest();

In both cases, you'll be able to access the request parameters as you're
used to (e.g. ... String param1 = getRequest().getParameter("param1");
...)

This is assuming, though, that your users know enough about how Tapestry
URLs are structured so that they're getting to the page you intend,
which is tricky, error-prone, a security-risk, and technically locks
your application into a specific version of Tapestry, since a future of
Tapestry could very well structure those URLs very differently.

Jim