well, i have this in the template:

<xtile jwcid="@contrib:XTile" listener="listener:start"
sendName="_sendStartRecording" receiveName="_recvMsg" />
<xtile jwcid="@contrib:XTile" listener="listener:append"
sendName="_sendAppend" receiveName="_recvMsg" />
<xtile jwcid="@contrib:XTile" listener="listener:stop"
sendName="_sendStopRecording" receiveName="_recvMsg" />

then i have onclick handlers for links and submit buttons. each of these
just call _sendAppend() with some text and then return normally. i don't
get any errors from the link onclick handler but only from the submit
button onclick.

After some investigation, it looks like this is a problem with firefox
that needs to be handled in the xtitle javascript:

http://radio.javaranch.com/pascarello/2006/02/07/1139345471027.html

The good stuff:

Mozilla calls onload() for all HTTP transactions that succeeded. The
only time it calls onerror() is when a network error happened. Inside
the onerror handler, accessing the status attribute results in this
exception:

Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
(NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]"  nsresult:
"0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"  location: "JS frame ::
file:///Users/chuck/errtest.html :: anonymous :: line 114"  data: no]
Source File: file:///Users/chuck/errtest.html
Line: 114
</quote>

"Now an easy fix for now is to add another try catch in your onerror
function when you are reading the status property. This will stop the
error occuring, but thanks to this, you will not have all of the
information that you could have with IE."

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 02:30 -0400, Jesse Kuhnert wrote:
> Impossible to say without more contextually relevant information. Ie what
> are you doing onClick?
>
> The only thing barring 4.1 from being released is updated documentation now.
> (Conversion of old docs is done, just need to add my new stuff in.)
>
> On 7/19/06, Dan Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > When I try to call an xtile javascript method in a submit button onclick
> > I get the following error in firefox:
> >
> > Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80040111
> > (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.status]"  nsresult:
> > "0x80040111 (NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE)"  location: "JS frame ::
> > http://localhost:8090/page/admin/Logout.html :: anonymous :: line 116"
> > data: no]
> >
> > Does anyone know of a way around this error?
> >
> > --
> > Dan Adams
> > Software Engineer
> > Interactive Factory