Howard, thanks for the advice. I have to use JDK1.4 so I cannot use
annotations.
My real problem is to understand how I can instanciate an object at the
context load, in the ApplicationServlet via inheritance and to make this
object available to my pages.

As I already explained, getGlobal is Deprecated so I have to use the ASO and
the <inject> tag. My question is to understand how ;o)

I was able to instanciate my object (appSettings in the code I wrote in my
an object but i was not able to inject the right instance of the object.

Can you help me on this part please?

Thanks anyway

BW

2006/7/20, Howard Lewis Ship <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 7/20/06, Geoff Callender <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Others might chime in because I'm no expert on this, but this what I
> believe to be true...
>
> - The module id and version can be arbitrary.  However, to avoid name
> clashes you can use the id as a qualifier, eg.
>
>         @InjectState("jumpstart: serviceLocator")

Sorry, this isn't true. As ASOs are typically defined by the
application and rarely if every defined by a library, the extra effort
for segmenting the ASO namespace did not appear to be worthwhile (in
fact, would be a negative, since it would subject users to pain
without reward).  Thus the ASO namespace is flat, and you'll see
errors if you configure more than one ASO with the same name,
regardless of module.

By contract, the namespace for libraries is rich and nested ... and
confusing, and ambiguous, and overkill (just as "The Other Geoff").

Blackwings would always inject @InjectState("serviceLocator"),
regardless of what id he gives his module.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator and PMC Chair, Apache Tapestry