I wrote a HiveMind module that allows you to inject HiveMind
services/configurations into AspectJ aspects.  It works similar to the way
Spring does it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Zimowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2006 10:30 AM
To: users@tapestry.apache.org
Subject: Tapestry & AspectJ

Can anybody reflect on their experience with combining a large Tap (4)
application with AspectJ? I am most interested in advising Tapestry
pages but also any other object that I may not have configured
explicitly in Hivemind.

* By using AspectJ was cross cutting truly easier on your application
and team of developers?
* Was it easy and practical when dealing with multiple environments
(system, readiness, production)? I mean, if you wanted to deploy
un-adviced codebase to production, and performance-logging advice to
readiness, and method-tracing plus performance-logging advice to
system environment?
* If you did use AspectJ, did you abandon Hivemind around advice
model? Are you using both? * Are you using Spring AOP as well? Any
other AOP framework? If so, what drives your motivation to use (or not
use) AspectJ ?

I am very encouraged by Eclipse IDE support for AspectJ, and it's
undesputed power and flexibility it brings to AOP. I've never worked
with it however, and am a bit resistant to integrate it without some
feedback from Tapestry people who may have gone thru some good and
bads with it.

Thank You