There's already a captcha component in the tapestry-captcha library. 
Can't you use that?

> I finally got a working component of Captcha for tapestry. It works
> great, with capcha being a hivemind service inside tapestry.
>
> My working implementation does the captcha test in a custom listener,
> but it would be even better if I could use a captcha validator.  In this
> way, it would make it easier for others to use this component inside
> their form by just declaring this library.
>
> I need the request/response in my validator.  Is there a way that I can
> do this?  I didn't see any examples of this in the tapestry source
> code.  My current validator is defined in my library hivemodule.xml as
> this, and I am getting a java.lang.InstantiationException (I suspect
> this is because I am trying to use annotations inside my validator, I
> think annotations only work for pages/components)
>
>     <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.form.validator.Validators">
>        <validator name="captcha" configurable="false"
> class="org.authsum.stitches.captcha.CaptchaValidator"/>
>    </contribution>
>
> I realize stitches is getting kind of big and I will be refactoring it
> into smaller pieces so that one can use just the captcha filter, or just
> the order palette, or just the tab control, or just the   It's just been
> easier for me to maintain this as the monster jar that it is.
>
> thanks, hopefully someone can think of a way to get a validator access
> to the request/response objects.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>


James Carman, President
Carman Consulting, Inc.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to