I agree with Murray that Tapestry should provide a vanilla service for
downloading files such as images. It one of the first things you want to do
as a newbie and the learning curve is unnecessary steep, especially at that
early point.

I would not be surprised if that's the place where many newbies give up and
become .net n00bs instead.

It would cost so little to put it in, preferrably with an easy to grok
callback for dynamic stuff.

It would make people more happy, kick less newbies in the shins and
generally ease the natural process of Tapestry world dominance. Wadda ya
say? :)

Cheers,
PS

On 7/30/06, Murray Collingwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Ezra

You asked:

> I don't see how it relates to Tapestry.

It relates to Tapestry because it appears on your faq.

Option:

a) Remove it from the faq (pretend people are asking this question, or
that they are only
misguided fools like myself)

b) Fix the faq by providing a recommended solution.

This of course was my original posting.... I'll stop going around in
circles now that I hope
everybody understands the issue.

Cheers
mc