Eeeww..   for a workaround in this case, you could always try
something feindish in the meantime like setting the id manually
through javascript after the page is loaded but before the event
listener has a chance to do its thing then use elements instead of
target...

or..

if body supports informal parameters (and renders them) then you could
just try passing in
id = "m_body" and then having the annotation's elements atrribute
reference 'm_body'

or... muahahah...

create a huge freaking div layer at the root of the dom tree (the
first and only node under the body |document element (whatever it is
dojo.html.body() returns) with width and height 100% and give it an id
and...... maybe not?

Peace,
Josh