Hi

I know this problem. I think it has to do with the Javassist enhancement.
A solution to get the information of the annotation at runtime is to walk up the class hierarchy and ask each superclass for the declared methods that correspond the abstract method and get its annotations. As far as I've found out, that works.

Kind regards,
            Robert

Karthik N schrieb:
Hi,

I'm trying to use custom annotations on tapestry abstract methods of a page
class

After tapestry creates the enhanced class for these abstract methods, the
annotations are lost.

The annotations are however honored on methods with an implementation.

I'm wondering is this annotations not carried over for abstract methods
deliberate, or can I request this to be an enhancement feature, or can I
supply some other "hints" to tapestry to make it work?

Thanks, Karthik