If I remember correctly, one of the benefits of the move to maven2 was
supposed to be the creation of Tapestry sub-projects with their own
commiters, where both contributors and components could be nurtured.

What about a tapestry-ide subproject that Hugo and some other intrepid
volunteers could get commit rights to, without getting commit rights to
core/contrib/etc? This sub-project could contain core IDE support, with
perhaps subprojects (tapestry-idea, tapestry-eclipse or whatever) for thin
adaptors to IDEA, Eclipse, etc.

My 2ยข is that Tapestry would benefit from official IDE tooling with a team
behind it (rather than one-person efforts), and this certainly won't happen
anytime soon if left to the current core developers (though Jesse does seem
to possess superhuman time management abilities).

Just an idea... feel free to shoot it down.

Daniel