Hi Borut

State objects are not instantiated until they are first accessed. You need an @InjectState("manager") in, for example, a page.

Cheers

Richard

Borut Bolčina wrote:
Why on earth is my ASO

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<module id="com.mycompany.posting.application" version="1.0.0">
   <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
       <state-object name="manager" scope="application">
           <create-instance class="
com.mycompany.posting.application.Manager"/>
       </state-object>
   </contribution>
</module>

not instantiated?

package com.mycompany.posting.application;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;

public class Manager {
  /**
   * Logger for this class
   */
  private static final Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(Manager.class);

  public Manager() {
     System.out.println("Manager");
     logger.info("Manager start");

I tried putting hivemodule in several locations, restarting Tomcat each
time. I use Eclipse 3.2, WTP 1.5, Tapestry 4.0.2, Hivemind 1.1.1. The web
context content looks ok to me. I had this working several months ago with
previous t4 web app, that is why I am a bit confused - I don't have many
mileage on T4.

Any suggestions where to look for any misconfiguration? Found no clue in
archives and doc.