I'll do it if someone can send in a patch or make it very clear how I'll
know if the functionality is working.

On 8/29/06, Robert Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has no-one got any thoughts on this? We're investigating a workaround
using the PropertyPersistenceStrategy but this looks like being pretty
clunky compared with using the StateObjectPersistenceManager. Any thoughts
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Cole

             Robert Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

             25/08/2006
12:49

users@tapestry.apache.org

cc

Please respond to

              "Tapestry
users" <users@tapestry.apache.org

           Subject

        Any
ideas on a fix for TAPESTRY-825 (Cookie StateObjectPersistenceManager)?

Background here: http://www.tapestryforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=12561
Bug report here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-825

Tapestry 4.0, JDK 1.5.0_06

I'm pretty sure I've just hit the same thing. I've got a
CookieStateObjectPersistenceManager that serializes a state object to a
cookie and then reads it back into the application. The problem I having is
that the store method doesn't seem to store my cookie and I think its due to
the response writer already being closed by the time I call
cookieSource.writeCookieValue.

I've put some breakpoints in my code and I can see that the get and store
methods are being called, but the get method can never find the cookie. I've
checked out the response my browser is receiving and the cookie never
appears from the server, which leads me to think that I am indeed hitting
the bug.

To his credit Eli does suggest a solution which appears to imply that the
ResponseRendererImpl has to explicitly call the
ApplicationStateManager.flush method. To do this I believe I'd have to
change the tapestry Hivemind config to ensure the ASM was passed to the
ResponseRendererImpl so that the flush can be called.

While I can make the change I was wondering if there were any plans to fix
the bug, or a nicer solution that I could implement instead. Otherwise I'm
patching Tapestry and I'd rather not do that if I can avoid it!

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rob Cole

---

e-mail is strictly forbidden.