You seem to ask conflicting questions. I don't see why you would need to
look up a service from an asset. Asset is a value holding object, so you
would want to keep it as independent as possible.

In terms of how to look up a service, you would use HiveMind configuration
when the object isn't a page/component.

Assets are best created using the "tapestry.asset" HiveMind package of
factories.

Henrik

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]