Strange,

But my solution is "Don't use tacos, because DOJO has almost the same
functionality"

I can use(see) a dropdowndatepicker, but how do I use that in
combination with Tapestry? Can someone give me an example?

I can't find any good documentation about that (just like the other
parts of Tapestry :( )

I tried:

<input name="bornDate" id="bornDate" dojoType="DropdownDatePicker"
value="ognl:Customer.bornDate"/>

I can choose a date but, when submitting the form, it doesn't store the
right (new selected) date, found in the bornDate textfield.

Anyone?

Do you have a lot of free time? Please write some good Tapestry 4
tutorials with example code! :P